This course is open to anyone that is interested in learning about Coaching and how to use coaching skills to get results. It will teach you some of the core models of Coaching, including the GROW Model and The Wheel of Life. It assumes no prior knowledge and teaches you the core skills you need to be an effective Coach.
You can attend this course without any pre-requisite training. However I do recommend that you complete the NLP Practitioner first.
What Is Coaching?
- Background to coaching – a Socratic discussion including:
- What coaching actually is.
- A brief history of coaching.
- What coaching is used for
- The difference between coaching, mentoring and counselling.
- There is not just one way to Coach – Different approaches and styles of Coaching (Life, Business, Executive, etc)
Goal Orientation and Wellformedness
- Understanding a wellformed goal or outcome – reducing nominalisation and unspecified verbs.
- Goal Orientation models – SMART, Wellformed Outcomes.
- Evaluating the Present situation – Wheel of Life and Coaching Questionnaires.
The Use of Language in Coaching
- What our language says about our internal world
- Asking better questions
- Presuppositions and directionalising thinking
The Coaching Process
- The difference between a model and a process
- How to ask effective questions
- The GROW model – A “beginners” Coaching Model
An Introduction to Team and Organisational Coaching
Team coaching compared to individual coaching
How to organise and facilitate team coaching
Creating a Coaching culture (facilitative rather than authoritative)
- How to structure a Coaching programme
- The Coaching Contract
- Who is the Client?
- Terms and conditions, insurance, etc
- Top tips for effective Coaching
This low cost introduction is only £295.
If you have any questions at all, or want to discuss this training in more detail, please click here to contact me for more information, or call 0845 3 626277.